Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Book of the Month

The Disclaimer, Renee Knight
As part of my Birthday Bucket List I'm reading at least one book a month. In September I read a few books, the best was The Disclaimer by Renee Knight.

In this thriller the main character, Catherine, discovers a novel in which she herself stars and which exposes her darkest secret.

This is a good book but not a great one, it's perfect for when you want a fast read that will keep you interested, occasionally send your eyebrows shooting into your hairline and rarely ask you to think.

Knight's style of writing keeps things tense, which is fortunate because at times her plot feels a little convenient. Her characters are likeable but occasionally I found myself saying "Really? They did that?" as they have a tendency towards the dramatic.

It's enjoyable and worth a look if you like disposable thrillers.

No comments:

Post a Comment